Posts Tagged ‘Vintage Remedies for Girls’
With the launch of our big new project a mere 2 days away, we’re working overtime here at the Vintage Remedies office. There are so many important details about the new program that we don’t want you to miss. So, even though we can’t tell you what it is just yet, we can give you some pointers of things not to miss when it comes out. (And you might just call these subtle hints about the awesomeness of the new launch!!)
1. Giving Back. We’ve always dreamed of having a one-to-one aspect to Vintage Remedies, but haven’t had just the right project to make that work. Now we do and we’re so excited about this feature of the new launch. So, when we make our big announcement Tuesday, don’t miss the “Giving Back” tab on the right!
2. Connections. This new launch will have its own facebook fan page, twitter page and newsletter – completely separate from the regular Vintage Remedies pages. On these new pages, we’ll post even MORE practical tips for natural living. Don’t forget to sign up, like us and follow us! (And here’s a hint – you’ll earn more entries in our giveaways when you do!)
3. Benefits. This new launch is extremely versatile! It benefits the workplace, medical professionals, families, childbirth professionals and so many more people! (Confused yet? It’ll all make sense Tuesday…) So, if you’re a medical, childbirth or wellness professional, an employer, a mom or a part of a family (that’s everyone!) be sure to click on the “Benefits” tab to see how this new launch will best benefit you and your unique needs!
4. Completely Unique. Sometimes we take a concept that’s already being done and do it better. We did that with our Herbalist courses, and are proud to offer the best available! But sometimes, we get a little creative and come up with a completely new idea that’s never been done before. Like Vintage Remedies for Girls, Guys and Kids. We love both types of projects, but this one is completely unlike anything else. Make sure you read through the description to fully explore all of the great features and components of the new launch. Trust us – having worked on each individual aspect of the project, we know there are features galore!
5. Exclusivity. We’re thrilled about this new launch and expect it to be a HUGE hit. To share our excitement, the first 25 to participate will benefit from some special savings. Unlike our previous releases where the pre-release phase was determined by a specific date, this one is restricted to the first 25, so you don’t want to delay. Plus, there are big benefits to being the first in your area… you’ll see why on Tuesday!
Excited yet? We are! We’ll be posting more giveaways soon. The next three will have a combined retail value of OVER $500! Definitely stay posted, enter the giveaways and join us Tuesday for the big announcement. We know you’ll love it as much as we do. See you then!
Moms of tween girls – looking for a fun mother daughter event that will help you teach your girls about healthy living? Come join us Sat, October 23 from 9AM till noon for a Vintage Remedies for Girls workshop. During this event, you and your daughter will learn more about the importance of healthy living during the tween / teen years. We’ll discuss what can be done to protect your daughter from hormone disrupting substances in the environment and how to naturally care for her self and surroundings.
Of course, we’ll do more than just sit around and talk – you and your daughter will make two projects from the Vintage Remedies for Girls workbook! We’ll begin with a Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub, a natural and luxurious treat. This scrub is the perfect beginner project for young girls just starting to pamper their skin, but it also makes a fantastic gift year round! Next, we’ll discuss healthy lifestyles and make some herbal candies. These little slippery elm bark pastilles provide medicinal properties by soothing the throat during a cough or cold – the perfect remedy to have on hand during the cooler months!
After the projects are complete, beautifully packaged and labeled, you and your daughter will take home a copy of the brand new Vintage Remedies for Girls book, which is filled with additional topics and projects to be completed at home later.
The fee is only $65 per mother / daughter couple and includes all project supplies as well as your own copy of Vintage Remedies for Girls. Additional daughters and those that already have a copy of the workbook are only $25. We’ll finish up around noon, just in time for a stroll and girlie lunch date at one of the amazing restaurants in Franklin’s historic downtown. Space is limited so register today!
I absolutely love this time of year, but the change in temperature is not fun for my sensitive skin. So, I developed this soothing formula years ago during the early days of Vintage Remedies. After all, it’s hard to go wrong with the scent of chocolate and a relaxing bath! It is a huge favorite of mine, and incredibly easy – which is why I included it in the new resource, Vintage Remedies for Girls. In the chapter that discusses natural beauty and skin care, this is one of several fun projects listed. (And my daughter and I will be making our own batches this afternoon!)
White Chocolate Bath Meltaways
These little treats are fun to make and can help moisturize your skin. Lack of moisture can lead to dry, itchy skin, and when you are older, it will make your skin look older than your age. These smell like chocolate and when you drop one into a warm bath, they melt. As the water hydrates your skin, the oil will coat your skin, sealing in the moisture. Be careful when getting out of the bath! The oil can make the tub slippery.
You will need:
4 T raw cocoa butter
4T shea butter
2 T coconut oil
With an adult’s help, place all ingredients in a double boiler. Stir as it melts and remove from heat quickly once it is all liquid. Set aside to cool, stirring every 5 minutes. This will take about 30 minutes, and then the mixture will begin to look like thick pudding. When this happens, scoop small mounds of the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper. You should make about 8-10 scoops. They will spread a little, then harden. When they are ready, they will look like thick, white cookies. Store in the refrigerator in warm months.
These make great gifts. To give away, scoop the mixture into small candy cups. This will prevent them from losing their shape in warmer weather.
**Taken from Vintage Remedies for Girls, section 2: Health and Body**
We move into our brand new facility this weekend and will be hosting our big Open House bash on Aug 14th. Obviously we’re thrilled around here at Vintage Remedies, incredibly busy, but thrilled! The event will be filled with amazing local foods, lots of fun giveaways and news about the exciting new services we’ll be able to offer.
However, we know that not all of you are local and can’t just pick up and travel to Tennessee to participate in the fun. Soooo, we’ve decided to bring it to you! For the next three weeks – until the Open House event – we’ll be hosting some amazing deals and giveaways here on my blog.
Of course, there’s a catch. To make it fun, we’ll be requiring you to answer a question about some of our favorite herbs. The answer to the question will double as the coupon code for the deal of the week.
Here’s an example: If the question is… What’s the founder of Vintage Remedies’ first name? The coupon code would be “JESSIE” Got it? Ready?
This week (today through midnight on Friday) our special is the new Vintage Remedies for Girls workbook. Regular price for the book is $45. With the answer to today’s question, you can get a copy for only $30!!! That’s 1/3 off the retail price!
For the coupon code, you have to guess Caroline Andrew’s favorite herb. Need some hints? The name of the herb comes from a Greek word meaning “royal.” It is often used for culinary purposes and aids in digestion. One variety of this herb is called “holy” and is a popular adaptogen. (Another hint – all of this can be found in the Handbook of Vintage Remedies!)
UPDATE: This contest is over. The answer? Basil. This culinary herb has some amazing medicinal benefits. The next contest has been posted, so don’t miss it!